Friday, September 25, 2009

Big Tuna.

Now enough about my feelings, let's eat.


Spicy Tuna + Avocado Crisps Inspired by the ahi taco shimi from Ronin Izakaya, the ahi tuna tartare from Magnolia on Sunset, and other variations at different restaurants, I decided to attempt my own interpretation of it. I layered multigrain chips with guacamole (avocados, chopped red onion, chopped serrano chili, and lime juice) and spicy tuna (sashimi-grade tuna, Sriracha, sesame seed oil, and chopped green onion - recipe courtesy of BP). Definitely a keeper.


Tuna Tartare in Cucumber Cups I'm always intrigued by food presentations that incorporate the shells of vegetables and fruits. Finding a few neglected pickling cucumbers in my vegetable drawer, I decided to make hors d'oeuvres served in hollow cucumber shells. I seasoned the spicy tuna (see above) with soy sauce and wasabi and filled the cucumbers with the mixture. Cool as a cucumber.

3 comments:

  1. both looks delish! wondering how the 2nd one tasted. good? so above, you said "definitely a keeper." were you talking about the recipe or bp????????????????????????????

    ReplyDelete