Monday, July 5, 2010

Brb.

As reflected in the recent depletion of inspiration and, let's be honest here - lack of effort in the past few entries, it seems that I've lost sight of... whatever it was that gave birth to this blog. It all started with my aunt's banana nut bread recipe. I had everything that I needed to make this bread. Bananas, flour, baking powder, sugar, butter, even walnuts. I just needed to buy some baking soda and a loaf pan. This was about a month ago. I oscillated between "to bake" or "not to bake" about a dozen times. And that's when I realized it: I really didn't care to make this banana nut bread.

I flipped on the Food Network channel to see if any of my favorites were on. They were, but I didn't want to watch. I wanted to watch "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" instead.

I think I've hit a dead-end. And hopefully soon, I'll turn around and take a detour. And hopefully soon, I'll find new recipes to try and new occasions to cook. But for now, I think I just want to hang around here for a while.

2 comments:

  1. dude...keep your game tight...read an anthony bourdain book for some inspiration and get back to blogging...

    ReplyDelete