Saturday, February 6, 2010

Moules frites.

I have never been to Paris.
I have never been to Europe, for that matter.
But I love Paris.
I love films made in French and films set in France.
I love Edith Piaf.
I love the mini Eiffel Tower on my desk.
Paris, je t'aime.

So what better way to transport me to Paris than to make French food? Le menu du jour: Moules frites.
With the help of Michael Chiarello, I steamed mussels in a white wine broth of garlic, shallots, fennel and of course, le beurre.


Now, you might have been expecting me to say that I hand-cut potatoes to fry up some homemade French fries. I appreciate gourmet cuisine, but I'm not that crazy. 4 words: Trader Joe's Garlic Fries. So good. And baked, not fried. :)


Bon appétit
!


But I forgot one thing: la bière. Fail.

5 comments:

  1. dude... that's legit! looks so fancy and delicious! you must teach me your ways oh wise one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. major FAIL for no bier. btw, paris is overrated. :) and yes, looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know who this "em" is, but Paris is AMAZING. it exceeded my expectations, and i'd also spent years of my life obsessing over it, and i'm totally moving there. and, did you know, my wee friend, that flying to Paris from Geneva takes 45 minutes and about $95?
    yes. it. does. just ponder that. naturally, i did eat moules frites in Paris. but, i far preferred the cassoulet i had there. and the aligot changed my LIFE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gotta make me that when I come to your hood. dead ass serious cuzzzzz.

    ReplyDelete