Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Luck of the Irish.

At the risk of being branded as lush, I dedicate this entry to yet another alcoholic beverage.

Sometimes, grilled cheese and moules frites are just not what I need. Sometimes, what I need is a BJ's Irish Root Beer.
A what? A BJ's Irish Root Beer.

Jameson whiskey + Bailey's Irish Cream + Bols Butterscotch Schnapps + BJ's handcrafted root beer
=
liquid cure for a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

I have a hard time dealing with disappointment. Whether it's finding out that I didn't do as well as I had hoped on an exam. Or my neighborhood's Blockbuster not carrying that obscure foreign film that I wanted to watch. The floodgates open wide and I feel my world shattering into a million pieces as the tears continue to flow in an endless stream. I couldn't explain this phenomenon before, but I'm beginning to think that it has something to do with the fact that I live in a constant state of anxiety, frustration, and anger. Even the slightest disappointment or the smallest departure from my expectations causes all of those emotions to surface.

Today, BP made me mad. Real mad. And all those emotions surfaced again. To make me feel better, BP took me to BJ's for dinner. I ordered the BJ's Irish Root Beer. And everything did become better.

At least for now.

2 comments:

  1. dude, why would he make you mad? BJ's chicken wings are the best! That Irish Root Beer is something else.. love it~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize that you liked root beer?!? I feel like I don't even know you anymore...

    ReplyDelete